Short Term Care & Programs
How long has it been since you took a weekend with your spouse without worrying about who is caring for your loved one? When was the last time you went on vacation without making complex arrangements for a rotation of substitute caregivers? If you got sick and could not perform your care giving role, who would do it?
At Woodland Ridge, we can provide a short-term stay in our community—for a few hours or a few weeks. Respite care allows family caregivers to take a worry-free break or allows seniors to recuperate after a rehab or hospital stay. Once your loved one is enrolled, you can book a reservation and take a break with complete confidence that our trained professional care providers will attend to every need while you are away. At a minimum cost per day, all meals, services and amenities are included. Your loved one will stay in a comfortable, private room (with a private bath) in home-like surroundings. We do the cooking, cleaning, medication management, incontinence care, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, and entertaining.
Ready to go home, but not quite ready for the cooking and cleaning? Woodland Ridge gladly offers seniors recovering from a recent hospitalization or rehab stay an extra month of recovery at our community with peace of mind. For a minimum cost per day, all meals, services and amenities are included.
Activities at Woodland Ridge
At Woodland Ridge, we offer a complete calendar of daily activities to promote physical wellness, social engagement, cognitive acuity, self-esteem, spiritual support, and just plain old fun.
- Sunday church services with King Springs Baptist and mid-week church services with the Whites
- Non-denominational Bible Study & Communion
- Catholic rosary and communion
- Daily exercise including yoga, Tai Chi, stretch and balance classes
- Weekly Humane Society pet visits
- Seasonal theater presentations
- Wellness Checks and Screenings
- Second Wind Dreams’ award-winning Dreams Program
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Southeastern Greyhound Club pet therapy
- Resident Council
- Girl Scouts Visits
- Cooking Club
- Word/Brain Games
- Wii Games
- Men’s Club
- Craft classes
- Outings for lunch or shopping or scenic rides
- Seasonal events and parties
- Mobile Podiatrist
- Mobile Dentist